Friday, July 17, 2009

Oh my goodness oh my goodness (in the words of Annie), I have been so busy working in my photography business, being a mum to a dancing girl and in between trying to create. I sort of finished my first portrait painting and entered it into the local show. It received a highly commended and totally shocked me, I didn't expect any recognition for my first painting and WOW! the judges really liked it. They loved the eye's and also gave me some wonderful criticism on how I could improve the painting, very happy with that!



I discovered an english magazine called Sew Hip and I made a little putty tat out of scrap fabric for my daughter's friend's birthday present ( she adores cats).



My first ever quilt is finished and has been sent away for pro quilting ( to big for me to tackle). Sorry no pictures at this stage but when it comes home to me I will definetly post some pics. I have met an amazing lady TONIA!!! who I met when I was desperate for someone to make a costume for my daughter. Oh my goodness what a talented lady, so I now do quilting classes with her every wednesday (my favourite day of the week). My first project with her is a bejewelled quilt which is going quite well - can't show you yet but when it is done pics will be posted. She has a great online store http://www.malandaquilting.com.au/index.php check it out her products are amazing and so are the prices. I got the new Melly & Me book "Kaleidoscope" Oh my goodness LOVE IT!!!!! Malanda Quilting stocks Melly & Me patterns and this wonderful book I am sure you will not find a better price, check Malanda Quilting out. I am also making a quilt for my goddaughter, an apron and a Melly & Me Lottie & Little Lady. BUSY BUSY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment